Saturday, July 28, 2012

BOOK REVIEW Switched

Switched                                                                  
by Amanda Hocking
(series: #1 Trylle Trilogy)
Originally published 2012
Published by Tor
YA, paranormal


4 stars


SwitchedI started the book wondering if I even wanted to keep reading it. Not because it wasn´t good or badly written. No. The thing was that the idea of the story, the paranormal twist was something i had never read of before and I was not sure I was interested. But I decided to give it a chance and it was so worth it!

I do not want to tell you what the book is about, but if you like YA and paranormal but you are bored to the usual types, vampires, weres, angels..give this one a try! Or even if you don´t like YA and paranormal, maybe you´ll enjoy this one because it´s different! And also the cover, ain´t it beautiful! And if you do choose to read this, don´t quit in the beginning, it took me a while to get used to the idea.

I really liked the prologue of this book, it hooked me right away before I started to doubt anything. Took me about 5 chapters to get used to it. The Trylle was strange different for me. And then almost out of nowhere I noticed the book was a really quick read and I could not stop reading and was rooting for some of the characters. When I finished the first book I really wanted to continue to the second book, but didn´t have it with me. There was definitely something quite hot about a couple in this book, and I liked it :)







tbr:

Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2)Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3)

4 comments:

  1. It definitely was interesting :) I would like to start telling what it´s about, but I have to keep my mouth shut to not spoil it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read anything by Amanda Hocking, but I heard her books are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete