Tuesday, November 13, 2012

BOOK REVIEW - To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a MockingbirdTo Kill a Mockingbird
by Harper Lee
Originally published 1960
Published by Vintage Books
Historical Fiction, Classics

3 stars

Atticus Finch has two kids, a boy and a girl, Jem and Scout. Atticus is a lawyer, who ends up defending a black man accused of a rape of a white woman. The book follows how their family deal with what the upcoming trial makes them face in the neighbours and the town folk. At the same time Jem and Scout with their friend are trying to find out something about their mysterious neighbour they never see..

I especially enjoyed the part at the trial, with a bit more that and I would´ve really loved this book. But still, I liked the book. The author has succeeded in making funny and strange things feel sad and funny. Like the bit with the tree.

It would be very interesting to learn more about Boo Radley!

In the beginning it took quite long for me to really get interested and excited. But nevertheless, a good and interesting read!


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite books!

    I'm actually going to see the movie tonight for the 50th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete