Here’s how it works:
1. Pick any book released more than 5 years ago. Adult, YA, Children’s; doesn’t matter. Any great book will do.
2. Write up a short summary of the book (include the title, author, and cover art) and an explanation of why you love it. Make sure to link back to The Housework Can Wait and Never Too Fond of Books in your post.
3. Link up your post at The Housework Can Wait or Never Too Fond of Books.
4. Visit as many blogs as you can, reminisce about books you loved, and discover some “new” books for your TBR list!
THROWBACK THURSDAY #1
My first throwback is..
2. Genre: Historical Fiction, YA
3. Themes: War, romance, children as main characters
4. Paperback 185 pages
5. My review: *****
Private Peaceful tells a story of the brothers of the Peaceful family, Thomas and Tommo. Thomas is the narrator, he reminiscences his childhood from the First World War. There is melancholy, sweetness..it´s even a little funny. And very sad. This is one of the rare books that I can put in the pile "Made me tear up".
I thought he was able to discover the mind of a child and teenager well. And I must warn you, this book really just might make you cry. I know that because I just read my Goodreads review of the book, where I also kept notes while I read the book. And once I read somethings that happened in the book it teared me up again. I think I could call this (one of) the best stand alone young adult books!
The author is known as a children´s books author. He is from the UK. There´s 5 movies made of his books, just a while back the movie Warhorse was in the movies. Find out more: http://www.michaelmorpurgo.com/