Saturday, June 16, 2012

BOOK REVIEW The Book Thief

The Book Thief
The Book Thief 
by Markus Zusak
Originally published 2006
Publisher: Definitions
Young Adult, Historical Fiction

5 stars

In the very beginning there was a short part that annoyed me, after that it was all good! Quite a powerful story. I liked the characters, I liked how their relationships slowly evolved. I loved the way this one girl made a difference in so many lives. Somehow I kept imagining her as a girl throughout the book, even though I knew she was a lot older in the end. It was easy to read, so even if it´s quite a big book I would recommend everyone to give it a try, it shouldn´t take long to figure if you like this book or not. A book with Death as a narrator. That just can not be not good! Also this cover is very cool I think!

5 comments:

  1. Great review! This book has been sitting on my shelves for a while.. I'll hopefully be picking it up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is probably in my top 20 of all time favorites :)

    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book as part of the International Book Night and loved it. It was very emotional and poignant. I would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read good reviews about this book, it is one of my wishlist. Your brief review tells more than the synopsis :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good one! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete